Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WOYWW #54 - Gas Masks and Projects mostly


Yet another Homework project is sitting on my desk - I got 2 house points for the last scroll-what-looked-like-a-rolling-pin one - and the WOYWW #52 project has progressed a bit further.


The Gas Mask seems to have lost the word "Raid" yesterday at school, but I might be able to fix that ... apparently it goes back and forth every Tuesday now for the World War II history project a la a the real war when they had to walk around with them all the time ... not that I remember I am far too young .... although disturbingly I am now apparently "vintage" and nearly not too far off "antique".

The project has now been painted in a shabby chic fashion - you see, I have to do that, 'cos I can't paint very well!  It just needs a dry brush coat of gold and tissue paper modge podged on to be finished.

Thank you so much for linking for me last week it was very much appreciated.  I managed to visit everyone, but sadly didn't get a chance to leave comments, I will try harder this week I promise.

If you would like to snoop around crafty spaces *some of the spookily tidy I have to say* pop over to the lovely Mrs Dunnit's blog and check out the WOYWWs'.

Hugs
Kay

16 comments:

Candace said...

Please show us your pink tray project when finished.

Enjoy your day Hugs Can x

Sid said...

Busy busy workdesk and area Kay ! Nice to nosey around too !

Wipso said...

Love the shabby chic painting :-)
A x

Nicki (LittleTed) said...

Great crafty clutter - I think I'm one of your spookily tidy people!

Nicki, xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Mace is very talented, even with the missing word. Cool display!

I hope to see more of the pink tray when you get it finished. Shabby chic is the thing, anyway, so it will fit right in. Happy WOYWW.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh brilliant - the kids must lov eyou being so on the ball for projects and stuff. Years ago, I probably would have enjoyed two house points, now I think it's a stingey amount!! And well done you - no pressure over the WOYWWAC you know, you coulda just filed it!

Helen said...

Now that's pink! Looks great though.

Darcy said...

I am liking your shabby chic painting, its a great colour.

Heather x said...

Love the box hun :0)
*hugs* Heather x

The Crafty Chick said...

The gold on the pink sounds v nice!! Leandra

She said...

Busy workdesk! Looking forward to seeing the tray when it's finished! S x

Piddawinkle said...

im loving the look of that project, made me remember being really thick yesterday in Sussex stationers, they had some magnetic clasps with the letter A & B on them, I had a good look around to see if they did any other letters, took me quite a while to realise the significance of the letters, LOL

Spyder said...

as always, it all amazes me! very busy crafty-ness!
(lyn)

Paper and Ribbons said...

Love the gas mask box, would like to see your finished pink tray!

Piddawinkle said...

im back, thanks for comment on mine, would love to come and play one day, gawd knows when as time is flying by very quickly at mo

Piddawinkle said...

how you will laugh . . I hope, A's and B's are positive and negative magnetic clasps, hahaha . . . not letter clasps at all . . .